Thursday, January 26, 2012

Docerela Creations Blog Hop!!!

Happy Friday and welcome to the Docerela Creations Blog Hop! Can you believe that January is coming to an end so fast?? February is right around the corner! Eeek...so many Valentine projects to complete!
Are you behind on your scrapbook pages? Never scrapped before? Then this challenge is for you!

Today's challenge is a Valentine's Day layout!

For my layout I decided to dig out a high school prom photo of my hubby and I because I have been wanting to create a page inspired by Martina McBride's song "Still the One"! Oh I just love that song! Well, not to get all lovey doevy on you right now, but it just fits so well because my hubby and I have been together since I was a senior in high school. It wasn't until I made this layout that I really thought about it; we've been together 16 YEARS!!! OMG, that's like half my life!




Anyway, the new Docerela "Loveable" stamp set was absolutely perfect for capturing the sentiments and thoughts that I wanted to convey on this layout. When I first received this gorgeous MME glitter paper in a kit I had no idea how I was going to use it, but when we were presented with this awesome Valentine layout challenge I knew that I wanted to use it. Sure, it's not your traditional Valentine colors, but I think the gold tones, wood patterned paper, and dark  accents are symbolic of how long we've been together and the strong bond we have, so I like it! And, I love how beautifully the stamped sentiments blend with the designs on the MME paper.

Supplies: Stamps: Docerela Creations Loveable Stamp Set; Scrapbook Kit: Studio Calico Handmade kit- November 2011; Stickers: October Afternoon; Ink: Ranger Distress, Jenni Bowlin, Studio G; Embossing Powder: American Crafts, Ranger Tim Holtz; Punch: Fiskars Jenni Bowlin; Diecut: Slice-Basics I cartridge

We are showcasing  Docerela Creations set "Lovable" so you will have to stop on over to her shop to take a peek at the other two new sets! (They are must haves!)
You can check out her store HERE!

Lovable



I hope you will pop on over and visit the rest of the design team and join in our challenge over at Docerela Creations! And be entered to win a set of her stamps!

The line up:
Docerela Creations
Carri
Nitasha  (that's me!)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Nitasha, your LO is absolutely stunning!! It must be such a great feeling to be married for 16 years and the wording still the one still stands. I would love to be in the same road one day!... I can't wait. Loving all the details of your layout.

    Thank you so much for being a part of my team.

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great lay-out! Love the paper and all your details! I just love that you used you prom photo, that is just so sweet! I have some pretty funny pics of my Husband and I from oh so long ago, they really make me laugh after all these years! (22 of them!)
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant & beautiful layout! Love these colors also. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the non-traditional valentines colors. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable layout, I love the non-traditional colors you selected for your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page! I love the stamps they worked perfectly with your page!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout!!! Great colors and cute details. What a cool idea using your prom picture. I may have to do the same thing:) We were highschool sweethearts too and now going on 30 yrs of marriage:) TFS-your layout is awesome!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful!! I love your design and the MME paper is so pretty!! :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vry beutiful every detail of their work. I loved this page.
    Ana Valéria
    www.corujandoartes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful layout! I always love to see how people incorporate stamping on their layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it...