Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I {heart} happy meals...

Yep, it's true I love me a good little cheeseburger happy meal especially when the toy is something that I like...like a reminder of the 80s...Smurfs!!! Yep, I think I ate a happy meal at least twice a week in the summer when the toy was a Smurf figurine! Heeehee....And even worse, before that when the toy was a Hello Kitty watch I even stooped so low as to make my co-workers eat Happy Meals for lunch on some days and "strongly suggested" that they give me the watch if it was one that I did not have yet! Ha! Yep, I'm bratty like that, but anyway I made this 'ode to Happy Meals' layout just for fun and to relax a bit tonight. I'm so proud of myself because I used the little fry box within 3 days of getting it as opposed to my usual habit of saving little bits and pieces of things that I 'plan' to use eventually. : )



I used the current sketch posted at  Sketchy Thursdays. This one is going into my album of fav sketches because it's so easy to pull together and I want to try it with pennants, too. This is also a layout for the current challenge (18) at Scrapbook Circle, which is to stitch on a layout. Every since I've seen the Amy Tan tags where she stitched on a tag I have wanted to give it a try, so...I did because I was prompted by the challenge! It's obviously my first attempt, but I'm happy with it and in case you can't read it...the stitched word is 'meal'. I will definitely try this technique again, soon! I used bits and pieces from the Scrapbook Circle April kit - Hello Sunshine and also pieces of a Studio Calico grab bag from last month. Well, this is going to be a fantastically busy, scrappy month so I'm off to get a little sleep! Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. How FUN!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee that you added a fries box and loving the playing cards!! Loveeeeeeeeeeee it! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! Love the colors and playing cards!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun! Nothing beats a McDonald's Cheeseburger!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love the itty bitty french fry boxes in the Happy Meals - I think they're adorable :). Thanks for playing at Scrapbook Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you added a real Fries box! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it...